This pasta was really simple to make and I used stuff i found in my fridge and cupboards at home as my parents eat meat. It’s a filling meal with a lot of flavour but you can swap things in or out to suit your taste.
Ingredients: (one person)
- Brown spaghetti
- Bouillon (veg)
- Tinned tomatoes
- Half a red onion
- Half a fresh red chili (with seeds for more spice)
- Fresh basil
- Red lentils
- Pepper to taste
- Boil the lentils in a small pan and start cooking the pasta at the same time. Add bouillon to the water to flavour the water. (will use about 50-70ml of stock to add to the sauce later).
- fry the onions in low calorie spray and then add the garlic, red chilli and tinned tomatoes.
- once the lentils are soft, add them to the sauce with the basil and olives. let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- the pasta should almost be done so take about 50-70ml of the water and add it to the sauce. let this simmer again until the pasta is ready.
NOTE: for the stock, you can use the pasta water or simply get a cup and put a tsp of stock in with 70ml of water to get a stronger flavour.